All manufacturers, EMS and OEM, can profit greatly from BOM Connector Enterprise
The graphic below shows how BOM Connector Enterprise works in a typical customer environment.
Customer data is pulled into the BOM Connector Enterprise database via direct connections to the key data sources. Most important of these is the ERP system. Additional sources of technical or commercial data, such as a CMS system or a PLM system can also be connected. And of course, PCB data or manufacturing process data can be brought in from an MES system. In short, wherever you have information that can be used to improve your BOM data and quotation process flow, BOM Connector Enterprise will interface to it.
As a result of this clean data flow, many different types of users within the company can take use BOM Connector Enterprise to improve their tasks. From design engineers who want to quickly check component technical properties and end-of-life information to help them choose the right part early in the cycle, to process and manufacturing engineers who need to get the BOM smoothly through to production. And of course, operative or strategic purchasers who need to wade through myriad offers in order to get the best price quickly.
And last but not least, certainly for EMS companies, a customer sends over raw BOM data – in varying formats, contents and quality – that needs to be imported, checked, “prepped” and processed, all under time pressure.
Our integrated tool is ideally designed to provide quick ROI to those who implement them.
BOM Connector Enterprise Modules
BC-READ – Read any BOM and write to a Standard Format
Read in even the most complex BOMs and create a standard “Golden BOM” in your company format. EMS companies can store customer profiles for maximum reusability
Standardise BOM output
- Read in wide variety of external BOM formats (.XLS, .CSV, .TXT etc.)
- Reader graphically recognizes patterns and variations
- Proper handling of manufacturer partnumbers (MPNs)
- Automatic generation of an internal code for BOMs without customer partnumbers (CPN)
- Export a standard desired format using easy-to-create templates
BC-CHECK – Content and Revision Compare
Check, control and correct BOM revisions
- Check BOM for mistakes (qty mismatch, part mismatch, etc.)
- BOM / PCB Check
- BOM to BOM compare for revisions
- ERP – external BOM compare
- ERP – MSS compare and sync
BC-PREP – Preparing I Editing I Scrubbing BOMs
Create a golden BOM with advanced “scrubbing” features. Check for part availability in your ERP system with our patented “SmartSearch” technology
- Clean up and enhance the information in the BOM
- Quick match parts in BOM and ERP parts based on partnumber, MPN or content
- “SmartSearch” intelligently compares description fields regardless of format or sequence
- Create and maintain new parts
- “ERP Viewer” feature allows easy exchange of component data between EMS supplier and customer
- All entries stored for future use
BC-CAD – Integrated Design Viewer
Read PCB data in virtually any format. Use for visualization or to enhance or check against the BOM and calculate manufacturing process costs
- Direct “grab” of the layout data from within MSS Process Preparation
- Extract CAD attributes such as side and technology from design and insert into “Golden BOM”
- Cross-link between BOM and design
- Viewer can search for comps, nets, pins, etc.
BC-COMPONENT ANALYZER – Get the most accurate, real-time information as possible
Combine advantage of two powerful market leaders in component data mining – IHS and Silicon Expert – to get quicker access to the information, transfer the information into the BOM with a simple mouse-click and search for alternatives if needed
The Component Analyzer displays the following fields
- Availability Risk
- Years to End-of-Life (EOL)
- Data Sheet
- Environmental data and information on ROHS, REACH, SCIP
- Web-based link directly to the IHS online portal with access to complete environmental data
BC-QUOTE – Faster and more accurate material cost calculation
Check part availability and calculate purchasing costs, overages, NRE costs and more
Dramatically shorten your quoting time with our growing number of collaborations and global network. Find the parts you need at the best possible price and improve connectivity to your supply chain. Fast and intuitive!
Use our innovative real-time DistiDirect™ feature to access our global network of component suppliers and manufacturers to easily, quickly and fully calculate the cost for your quoting.
- Drastically reduce quoting times
- Get prices from ERP system, distributors or manual entry
- Color-coded displays helps you sort multiple search results
- Purchase quantities and bulk pricing calculated based on production quantities
- Check for MPN or SKUs
- Send out distributor RFQs per mouse-click
- Link distributor quotes and price lists
- Distributor status maintenance – preferred, “black list” etc.
- „Best Price” function from any source
- Support for consignment parts and multiple currencies
- Save prices independent of customer for quick requoting
- Save quotes and prices in BC QUOTE Database. No more repeat checking!
DistiDirect checks online with a variety of distributors such as: Arrow Electronics, Inc, Avnet Group: Abacus, EBV, Silica and United, Avnet, Digi-Key Electronics, Weltron, Blume Elektronik, Farnell, Future Electronics, Mouser Electronics, Inc, MyArrow, Octopart, RS Components GmbH, Rutronik, Schukat, Sourcengine Texas Instruments, Elfaro, GUDECO, AL-Elektronik and EVE using your company login.
BC-QUOTE – Production Cost Calculation
Faster and More Accurate
- In addition to material costs
- Calculate SMT, THT and hand mounted components and solder joints
- Process costs such as stencil and fixture
- Direct link to your MES system
- DFM cost analysis based on quality of the layout
- Finally – a complete cost estimate based on all factors
- Vendor information taken from ERP or external sources such as Octopart
- Supplier information can also be handled directly within BOM Connector
- Import customer AML files
- AML compare between ERP and customer
- Preferred, alternative and blocked part and/or supplier support